R. Kelly - Single Ladies Tour
No stranger to superstar success, R. Kelly has seen a year filled with tremendous achievements including release of the critically acclaimed album Write Me Back, a soulful memoir Soulacoaster: The Diary of Me, an extraordinary soundtrack producer role on Whitney Houston’s final film Sparkle, and production of the next installment of his cultural phenomenon Trapped In The Closet. On the heels of that it’s not surprising this R&B icon announced today a Fall tour that will travel through more than 20 cities. The Single Ladies Tour will feature R. Kelly hosting the ultimate girls (and guys) night out.
$124.50, $89.50, and $67.50 applicable service fees
Tickets on sale now at All Knoxville Tickets Locations and The Tennessee Theatre Box Office
Doors open at 7:00 PM
Robert Sylvester Kelly was born on the South Side of Chicago and spent much of his teenage years busking under the "L" trains. After experiencing success in the groups MGM and Public Announcement, R. Kelly released his debut solo album, 12 Play, in 1993. The album was wildly successful, going platinum six times and producing the hit single, "Bump n' Grind." He spent the next few years writing hits for other artists like Janet Jackson and Toni Braxton, as well as performing tour dates with legends like LL Cool J. In 1996, R. Kelly released the single "I Believe I Can Fly" for the Space Jam soundtrack, which became a huge success and won three Grammys. The song also appeared on R. Kelly's hit 1998 album, R., which went platinum eight times and sparked massive headlining tour dates.
Even in the midst of a legal scandal, R. Kelly still had the talent to release the hit record, Chocolate Factory in 2003, which went double platinum and received praise from critics across the country. It also led to hugely successful concert dates on The Key in the Ignition Tour with Ashanti. In 2005, R. Kelly released TP.3 Reloaded, which kicked off the first five chapters of his infamous "Trapped in the Closet" hip-hopera. He followed up in 2007 with the release of Double Up, which marked R. Kelly's fifth album to debut at #1 on the Billboard charts and saw collaborations with numerous hip hop artists. The album also spawned Double Up Tour, which experienced some controversy after Ne-Yo was removed after two tour dates.
R. Kelly's latest album, Love Letter has also received praise from critics who have noted the skill with which Kelly has performed the classic soul-inspired tracks. R. Kelly can currently be found on tour dates in 2011 in promotion of the album, which began back in April. Concert dates are currently making their way through the southern United States and R. Kelly's tour dates for 2011 will end on July 13 in Louisville, KY. Don't miss this opportunity to see one of R&B's brightest stars on his 2011 tour dates.
- RT @therealdjjelly: On the air right now. @V103Atlanta w/ my lil homie @LILBANKHEADV103 6 hours ago
- The rumors are true: Veteran cop admits ticket quota systems is REAL! Story: cbsloc.al/10j69sD 7 hours ago
- So many AWESOME events this weekend & we're at them all! Come check us out at #AtlJazzFest & #Carnival 2day & 2mrrw! V-103.com 11 hours ago
- 2nite, V-103 & Sky World events present Don DC Curry at Taboo 2! 2 shows 8pm & 10pm. 404-255-4911 for more info! V-103.com 11 hours ago
- Eagles continue bad luck streak on Twitter with DeSean Jackson "pot" tweet: cbsloc.al/10Y86XO 12 hours ago
- All Around The 36th Annual... The Chevy Boutique Recap Get Fit & Be Healthy Kids... The All White Affair/Viewing...
- The Performances, The... "Scandal" Night Live At... The Sweet Auburn Springfest... Greg Street And NHRA Champion...
- Egypt's Mommy Makeover -... Egypt's Mommy Makeover -... Celebrating The Life And... Eltianna Green's Prom Wish...
- Adrian Marcel's El Seven... Gospelfest 2013 - The Mary... Gospelfest 2013 - A Tribute... The John Legend/Stacy Barthe...