Georgia Arts Advocacy Day
Join the Georgia Arts Network on January 29th
for Arts Day at the Capitol!
The arts community is partnering with our friends in Georgia's tourism industry for Tourism Day at the Capitol on Tuesday, January 29th. In these tough times, focusing on the positive economic impact of the arts as a vehicle which attracts tourism dollars to Georgia is a great way to convince skeptics of the need to invest in the arts now!
For the event, the Georgia Arts Network is partnering with: Georgia Association of Convention & Visitors Bureau, Georgia Chamber of Commerce, Georgia Restaurant Association, and the Georgia Hotel & Lodging Association.
You should also plan to schedule meetings that day with your local legislator; we would appreciate it if you would let us know when your meetings are, so we can facilitate coordination between arts groups in neighboring areas.
This year it is critical to speak with legislators about the need to increase funding for the Georgia Council for the Arts in order to secure that Georgia receives the full matching funds from the National Endowment for the Arts (NEA).
Please help advocate for the arts in Georgia by attending this event and letting your voice be heard in support of the arts community!
Tentative Schedule for the Day:
8:30 am Registration opens at the Capitol
9:00 am Formal presentation with Governor Nathan Deal and Legislators
Unveiling of the 2013 Georgia Travel Guide
9:20 am Legislative Office visits
10:00 am Georgia Arts Network: Arts Advocacy Session
Distinguished Guests, including Rep. Ron Stephens
11:15 am Legislative Office visits
What are my transport/parking options getting to the event?
You can take MARTA's Blue or Green line trains to the Georgia State station. For driving, parking, and accessibility information click here.
What can/can't I bring to the event?
In compliance with security regulations, all visitors must enter the Capitol through a metal detector; the X-ray machine must examine hand-carried items. No weapons, including pocketknives, are allowed in the Capitol building.
Where can I contact the organizer with any questions?
Email us at email@example.com
Can I update my registration information?
Yes! If you find that you cannot attend or need to update your registration info, please contact us anytime!
Do I have to bring my printed ticket to the event?
No, there is no need to bring the printed ticket to the event.
Thank you to our Advocacy Day Sponsors!
- .@thercms has more guests coming this week....you don't want to miss ANYTHING! See you tomorrow BRIGHT & EARLY at 6 AM! 4 hours ago
- Report: US has too many teachers, quality of educators declining #education: cbsloc.al/14I1Zf0 4 hours ago
- RT @prttybrwneyez13: Shout out to my favorite radio personality @therealrc ! @v103Atlanta 4 hours ago
- [VIDEO]: MJ Was The King Of Pop, LeBron Is The King Of FLOP! « V-103 – The People's Station cbsloc.al/16gjNNt 4 hours ago
- The V-103 Guide is "Rolling Out" 2day! Check out our #CarNBike10 guide in the new issues of @RollingOut b4 anyone else does! Get tix... 5 hours ago
- Welcome To Atlanta's Prive,... An Intimate Audience With... Young Jeezy And Gourmet... Cigars & Cars - June 12th...
- V-103 / Grey Goose Patio... Big Tigger's Atlanta Greek... Atlanta Greek Picnic 2013 -... Lighters Up For Lil Kim At...
- Gucci Mane and Keshia Dior At... Happy Birthday Cee Lo - Happy... Lots Of Line Dancing, Free... The Cherry Noir Red Bottom...
- All Around The 36th Annual... The Chevy Boutique Recap Get Fit & Be Healthy Kids... The All White Affair/Viewing...